Sunday 4 December 2011

Belgian waffles



I have loved waffles since as long as I can remember. We had a big old electric waffle iron at home when I was growing up, I suppose that is where my love for waffles started. Obviously a decent waffle iron is necessary. I was fortunate enough to find one at $39.99 when I arrived in Canada and I must say it's the best piece of equipment I've brought.

Ingredients:

250g plain flour
20g baking powder
25g caster sugar
1tsp salt
450ml milk
2 eggs
2tbsp oil

Method:

Preheat waffle iron. Sift flour and baking powder. Stir in caster sugar. Combine milk and eggs,  whisk milk mixture and oil into dry ingredients to make a smooth batter. Brush waffle iron with oil then add a ladle of batter. Close iron, after 10 seconds turn and continue to cook until golden. Serve with a couple of nobs of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup!

3 comments:

  1. hi dot. wait till you see your xmas pressie!!! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My god dot, they look almost as good as the ones mum used to make. Must keep an eye out for a good waffle machine, nothing beats the old style ones! Mart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Just checking in from FoodBuzz! My kids have been after me forever to make waffles from scratch. You make it sound easy. Feel free to stop by our site and say hello!

    ReplyDelete