Saturday 17 March 2018

Feta potato rosti with poached eggs





Ever since my husband decided to turn vegetarian, a recent thing after watching one of those food documentaries on Netflix, it's been up to me to produce something meat free for our meals. Now I must say on Paddy's Day morning when I should have been tucking into a big meaty fry it was a bit of a challenge. Also he decided that we needed to have some spuds of the fried variety, and because I had been out last night to an unreasonable hour with the girls (1.45am, you'd swear I was still a teenager), I wasn't in a position to complain. So the above is what materialised and I must say it was so tasty I didn't even miss my big greasy fry up!

Ingredients:
1 large rooster potato, peeled and grated
100g feta cheese
1 tbsp self-raising flour
4 eggs
1 tbsp grated parsley
Freshly ground pepper
Sliced avacado




Method:
Wash the grated potato in a bowl of cold water, drain through a piece of muslin and squeeze to remove as much excess water as possible. Place in a dry bowl with the flour 1 egg, feta, parsley and pepper and mix through until all the ingredients are combined. Shape into 4 round cakes and fry until golden and crispy.
In a separate pan poach the remaining 4 eggs then serve on the potato cakes which have been topped with the sliced avacado.



Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody 🍀



No comments:

Post a Comment